Friday, February 15, 2013

Love. (Or when the yarn speaks)


As you may know, Carolyn is very in tune with the yarn she sells.  She once heard a certain yarn speaking to her from a customer's knitting bag (as it sometimes does, you know)... it said...

Do you believe in love at first sight? I do. I do with all of my heart. I knew the minute I saw her that we were going to be together. Forever. I’ve seen others that I thought maybe I could live with, but this time… this time I just knew it was the real thing. And, I could tell, when she first saw me… it was the same for her. Her eyes lit up like fireworks on… well… you know… the fourth of July. Cliched? Perhaps? True? Definitely. 

Love is beautiful. My life is complete. I just want you to know how happy I am that we have found each other. I’m going to try my hardest to be the best and most special thing in her life. But, I would just like to go on record and say that – if things don’t work out – it won’t be my fault. No. No way. It will be totally and completely her fault. I tried to warn her, but do you know what she did? The very first thing she did with me? Yeah. She casted on without doing a gauge. Yeah. I know. I was shocked, too. I mean, how could she? I should mean more than that to her. But, what can I say? When you love someone – you love the whole person – even their faults. Sigh. It was just meant to be. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jaime,
    I'm reading your book! Got a new Kindle and decided, for a change of pace, to look for a mystery. But no blood, guts or gore for me thank you very much. Your book sounded perfect and just wanted to let you know that I am thoroughly enjoying reading it. I'm about 2/3 the way through, just found out you're a new author ... and GASP!.. where's the next book in the series???? Please put your talented pen to work- I'm ready for the next Crabapple Yarns book!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete